Rather than a job description, Deeplocal believes in job accountabilities.
While tasks may change from day to day, the ideal candidate must possess the skills necessary to be responsible to the company for the accountabilities of this job.
The Director of Client Services is held accountable to the responsibilities listed below:
- Revenue Generation and Growth - Generating and growing revenue from existing brand clients through creative retainers and/or project-based contracts.
- Relationship Strengthening - Establishing and growing trusted relationships with individual clients.
- Account Growth - Finding new opportunities and contacts within existing brand clients. Using current connections to cultivate relationships with other teams in clients’ networks.
- Client Advocacy and Communication - Acting as advocate for clients—listening to their goals and needs and responding promptly and strategically to requests. Communicating clearly and effectively, and setting appropriate expectations. Traveling when necessary to attend client meetings and live events.
- Marketing Strategy and Trend Communication to Clients - Providing value to client relationships by researching marketing trends and translating them into clients’ goals and objectives.
- Brief Development - Asking the right questions to clients to understand their goals and objectives. Writing and sharing a brief with the teams that leads to well-informed ideas.
- Pitch Deck Review - Providing input and reviewing pitch decks. Supporting creative and technical team leads as necessary to finalize materials for pitches.
- Contract Writing, Negotiations, and Execution - Defining the scope of projects, writing statements of work, and/or approving SOWs drafted by producers and account managers across the agency. Submitting SOWs to clients and verbally vetting deliverables with clients. Negotiating these contracts as necessary and ensuring execution by both clients and Deeplocal.
- Financial Conversations - Tactfully and carefully communicating estimates and budget implications to clients, setting proper expectations from the outset of a project in collaboration with the Producer. Working in tandem with the Producer to assess when change order requests are reasonable and necessary, keeping in mind how such requests will impact the client relationship.
- Revenue Forecasting and Financial Management - Assessing win likelihood and working with Director of Operations to forecast monthly revenue for reporting purposes. Working in collaboration with Finance and Operations to coordinate billing schedules, approve invoices prior to submission to clients, and ensure revenue recognition.
- Account and Business Development Team Management - Mentoring and managing account and business development teams. Providing guidance and oversight with respect to client communication and account best practices. Responsible for providing regular feedback, monitoring performance, and raising concerns.
- Account and Business Development Team Leadership - Representing the account and business development teams internally in meetings with other Deeplocal departments. Serving as the go-to contact to answer questions about clients’ goals and business team processes and status updates.
- Client Services Mentoring for Producers - Supporting and mentoring Producers as needed to define best practices for client services and hone client communication skills.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio and advertising agency based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Deeplocal’s team of 50+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos PayWithAPhoto, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Netflix, Google, Nike, and Old Navy.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated loft warehouse in the Strip District and features 20k+ square feet of shop and studio space. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Healthcare Coverage
- Gym Subsidy
- Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Company retreats and trips
- Paid vacation