Rather than a job description, Deeplocal believes in job accountabilities.
While tasks may change from day to day, the ideal candidate must possess the skills necessary to be responsible to the company for the accountabilities of this job.
The Project Manager is held accountable to the responsibilities listed below:
- Client Communication
- Client Advocacy and Communication - Acting as advocate and daily point of contact for Client throughout projects. Communicating with Client on a regular basis regarding project updates and schedule changes. Addressing Client needs and managing Client expectations during production and, if applicable, during installations and live events. Traveling when necessary to attend Client meetings and support live events.
- Expense Reporting - Reporting time and materials expenses to Client, as required by retainer contracts or statements of work.
- Change Orders - Tactfully and carefully communicating to Client when requests fall outside of scope. Requesting and processing change orders when reasonable and necessary.
- Production: High-Level
- Defining Deliverables - Defining project deliverables to be used in scopes of work. Vetting deliverables with all stakeholders.
- Developing Budgets - Developing robust, complete internal project budgets to be used as the basis for scope of work budgets and project health tracking. Vetting project budgets with team leads and project managers before submitting for stakeholder review and approval.
- Project Scheduling and Timeline - Developing production schedules that guide projects, vetting the schedule with stakeholders, communicating the schedule to team members, being accountable for schedule shifts during production. Working with project managers to develop sub schedules.
- Scope of Work - Drafting scopes of work for stakeholder review and approval, including project overview, defined deliverables, as well as Client-facing project budget and timeline. Vetting scopes of work with Director of Project Management and Head of Account Management and relevant team leads.
- Creative, Technical, and Logistical Awareness - Understanding team’s creative, design, technical, and logistical challenges across mediums. Communicating needs and challenges to the team at large as well as internal leadership as necessary.
- Project Oversight - Running team meetings (including detailed note taking) facilitating communication between team members, resolving disputes, escalating issues when necessary. Working with team leads to adjust team makeup as needed. Knowing where a project stands at any given time and reporting project status to internal leadership when requested.
- Production: Details
- Logistics and Coordination - Coordinating all logistics related to the project, production, or event.
- Sourcing - Sourcing necessary materials for productions.
- Project Health / Time Management - Tracking team member hours and reporting weekly to the Director of Project Management.
- Project Health / Expense Management - Tracking project expenses and reporting weekly to the Director of Project Management. Reconciling all project expenses with Finance on a monthly basis.
- Vendor and Freelancer Management - Managing vendors and freelancers used for production. Sourcing and recommending vendors to Director of Project Management for approval. Tracking vendor hours. Ensuring all vendors are under contract, and the proper procedure for contract negotiations is followed.
- Team Support - Supporting the team emotionally as needed and communicating team needs to leadership.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Producer or Project Manager (or higher) role. Must have experience working in a production environment, ideally in a small company (under 50 employees). Advertising and live event/installation experience strongly preferred.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio and advertising agency based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Deeplocal’s team of 50+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos PayWithAPhoto, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Netflix, Google, Nike, and Old Navy.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated loft warehouse in the Strip District and features 20k+ square feet of shop and studio space. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Healthcare Coverage
- Gym Subsidy
- Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Company retreats and trips
- Paid vacation