Architectural Concept Visualizer (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal is looking for an architectural visualization expert who has a passion for making environmental and experiential concepts to life. You have extensive experience working in 3d software, generating interesting forms and exploring different aesthetics for rendering them. You like to take an initial prompt or concept and explore it through 3d modeling, renders and image comps to generate compelling visuals. You master at least one 3d modeling package and at least one rendering software. This role works alongside experience designers, architects and creative technologists to visualize large-scale, architecturally integrated interactive experiences.
- Create visual assets that help the internal design team and client understand the formal and aesthetic possibilities of an idea.
- Rapid iteration of forms for interactive exhibits, activations, small structures and architectural scale sculptures based on a conceptual prompt or theme.
- Rendering designs into an existing context and adding a layer of scenic support and entourage to enhance the visual (trees, people, vehicles, furniture, etc.)
- Generate visual assets of experiential designs at varying levels of details depending on project phase: (1) quick renders of form exploration, (2) medium fidelity environmental renders of a design in a site context with comped in people and scenic objects and (3) high fidelity photorealistic renders of designs in an architectural context.
- Expertise in modeling software like Rhino, Sketchup, Blender, C4D, 3dsmax, etc
- Expertise in a rendering package like VRay, TwinMotion, KeyShot, Redshift, Octane, etc.
- Expertise in photo editing/illustration tool like Photoshop, Illustrator, ProCreate, etc.
- Bonus: Familiarity with After Effects and/or other motion graphics software
- Bonus: You’ve worked in or have an interest in real-time rendering and VR workflows, including Unreal Engine
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time