Summer 2024 Creative Technology Internship
Deeplocal is looking for a Creative Technology intern who is inventive, creative, and technical to join the team for summer 2024.
Join us for a dynamic internship that sits at the intersection of art and technology. Deeplocal pushes the boundaries of interactive experiences for some of the world’s top brands. Our interns work alongside staff on active client projects, getting practical, hands-on experience with mentorship from top professionals in the field.
Creative Technology interns are tasked with applying their strong software skills to help invent new things and create incredible experiences that utilize technology and clever design. This typically looks like:
- Supporting the development of prototypes, experience-supporting systems, and interactive exhibits spanning everything from full stack web applications to machine vision applications to choreographing robotic motions.
- Working with project technical team leads to define, explore, and test technical approaches and solutions to integrated projects.
- Delivering flexible code that not only works but can be adapted to changing requirements.
Interns are compensated with competitive wages. For credit options are also available, if desired. All Creative Technology internships are based in our office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Creative thinker, collaborator, and problem solver who is excited by new challenges and never-been-done-before work (visit deeplocal.com/work for examples of recent Deeplocal projects)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Familiarity with getting software to communicate with hardware components (inputs and outputs - microcontrollers, sensors, lighting systems, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs preferred
- Experience with creative development platforms such as Unity, Unreal, or TouchDesigner is a plus
- Python programming experience is a plus
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values: