Summer 2024 Design Internship
Deeplocal is looking for a Design Intern with a focus on interactive experience design to join the team for summer 2024.
Deeplocal pushes the boundaries of interactive experiences for some of the world’s top brands. Design interns work alongside experience designers, creative marketing strategists, and technologists to develop and refine creative concepts. Our interns contribute to the artistic vision of real-world physical experiences, environments, and exhibits through hands-on learning and application of their skills, with mentorship from top professionals in the field.
Experience Design interns collaboratively support the creation of experiences that tell a strategic story and look visually-stunning all while meeting the client’s goals. This typically looks like:
- Concept Visualization - Communicate abstract concepts with compelling visuals and demonstrate strong physical and visual design skills—including the ability to visualize ideas through sketches and/or renderings.
- Pitch/RFP Support - Support the pitch and RFP response process with secondary research, deck design, sketching, modeling, and mood board development.
- Persona and User Journey Support - Assist creative team members and strategists in secondary research, developing personas, creating user journeys, and thinking about how people move about around a space.
- Physical + Interaction Design - Work with the creative team members and creative technologists to design spatial interactions, environments, and physical objects (from early sketches to full visual models and detailed interaction design).
- Visual Design - Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models, and graphic presentations for client approval. Create, and iterate, original designs (print, environmental, etc.) based on internal direction.
Interns are compensated with competitive wages. For credit options are also available, if desired. All design internships are based in our office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must
- Interest in a combination of strategy and design, developing a holistic narrative vision for a space
- Experience designing spatial interactions, environments, and physical objects
- Proficient in a 3D modeling software (SketchUp, Rhino, or Fusion preferred)
- An awareness of current aesthetic, cultural, and popular trends
- A strong understanding of marketing and experience crafting concepts in response to creative marketing briefs is strongly preferred
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values: