Deeplocal is looking for an experienced Exhibit Fabricator to join the Pittsburgh, PA office. The Exhibit Fabricator is responsible for performing quality work on a variety of exhibit fabrication tasks including assembly, finishing, painting, digital fabrication and general assembly of wood or engineered parts (metal and other solid surface). Candidates should be comfortable with basic operation of a variety of manual and CNC shop equipment as well as the operation of digital fabrication equipment.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced fabrication shop, but who understands that attention to detail is of utmost importance, even when multiple projects are being produced simultaneously. Candidates will have an opportunity to work on original, often highly visible, projects alongside a talented team of designers, engineers, and technologists.
The Fabricator is held accountable to the responsibilities listed below:
- Fabrication: Detailed, high quality fabrication of custom components in metal, wood, and plastics. The ability to read drawings and navigate CAD models to aid in the production of exhibits. Candidate will be expected to learn CAD and support CNC and digital fabrication if no existing experience.
- Finishing: Painting and bodywork (ex Bondo) of exhibits and sub components
- Installation/Travel: Exhibit Fabricator will be required to travel for the installation and on-site finishing of interactive exhibits.
- Problem Solving: Deeplocal makes first of its kind interactive exhibits. Often there are unknowns in the design and fabrication of components that require problem solving and communication with different disciplines from engineering and creative.
- Maintaining Equipment and Supplies: Inspects the work area and machines that were used during the day prior to leaving at the end of each shift. Orders new parts and supplies as necessary, and with approval from management.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial, fine art, or interactive exhibit fabrication. Experience with millwork, cabinetry, body work, airbrush, and HVLP spray gun preferred. We're looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team, who has a strong attention to detail, and who has the ability to think quickly and solve problems. As the job requires interacting with employees, staff and vendors, candidates need to have good communication and follow-up skills and willingness to do whatever to get the job done. A two-year associate degree is preferred.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time