Summer 2024 Engineering Internship
Deeplocal is looking for an Engineering Intern with a strong understanding of electronics and mechanical movements to join the team for summer 2024.
Deeplocal pushes the boundaries of interactive experiences for some of the world’s top brands. Our team of integration engineers work alongside mechanical and technical designers to transform theoretical creative ideas into real, functioning electromechanical objects and installations.
Engineering interns at Deeplocal work with project technical teams to prototype, test, and document technical approaches and solutions to integrated projects. This typically looks like:
- Prototype Development - Assisting in the fabrication, assembly, and testing of prototypes and experimental systems.
- Testing and Troubleshooting - Conducting tests and experiments on hardware and software systems to evaluate performance and functionality.
- Documentation and Reporting - Creating and maintaining detailed documentation of technical processes, procedures, and specifications.
- Technical assistance and support - Assisting the project team with setup and breakdown of installations for testing, client demonstrations, and project deployments.
Interns are compensated with competitive wages. For credit options are also available, if desired. All engineering internships are based in our office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong understanding of electronics, electrical circuits, and components
- Practical experience in prototype development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, diagrams, and documentation
- Proficiency in using common hand and power tools for fabrication and assembly
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values: