Product Marketing Lead, Gumband - (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal is seeking a Product Marketing Lead to help with daily operations, development, and execution of Gumband marketing efforts.
Spun out of an award-winning creative technology agency, Gumband is the first operating system for interactive environments and experiences. We work with innovative brands to connect, elevate, and humanize their physical spaces. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed SaaS startup and play a key role in the development of its visual identity and user interface. With Gumband, we are creating a category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging global marketplace. Because the product was incubated at Deeplocal, Gumband team members will also have the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for some of the world’s top brands, including Google, Nike, Meta, TikTok, and others.
This role will report to Gumband’s Managing Director and collaborate with creative, account, and product team members. The Product Marketing Lead is responsible for executing Gumband’s marketing strategy using creative tactics, effectively communicating the brand to clients, partners, industry, and staff.
Candidates must have a background in product marketing; an appreciation and eye for good visual aesthetics and design; and experience writing on-brand, promotional copy. We are looking for candidates who have worked in the field for 3-6 years. Recent grads with internship experience in a comparable setting are also encouraged to apply.
Ideally, this position is based in Pittsburgh, PA, but outstanding remote candidates will also be considered.
- Brand Strategy and Growth – Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of Gumband’s brand and positioning within our industry; know what our brand would (and wouldn’t) do, and how our brand would (and wouldn’t) act; proactively identify new opportunities to grow the Gumband brand and amplify our messaging.
- Marketing Execution – Build, shape, and execute Gumband’s marketing strategy using creative tactics and analytics across platforms (web, PR, social, event, email marketing, etc). This plan and its outcomes will be measured against business outcomes and revenue targets.
- Creative Writing – Write clever copy that’s appropriately adapted to different mediums and matches Gumband’s tone of voice.
- Ideation and Content Development – Develop creative, smart marketing ideas for Gumband and help create digital content that reflects our brand.
- Project Documentation – Assist with client project documentation and work alongside our team to get assets that tell the right story.
- Recruiting – Support recruiting efforts and on-campus job fairs.
- Industry Awards – Apply for strategic industry awards.
- Speaking Engagements – Assist with securing and coordinating speaking opportunities for Gumband team members.
- Production Logistics – Assist with production/ordering/shipping of Gumband collateral (swag, client/staff gifts, print materials, etc), as well as vendor management for marketing projects (photographers, videographers, designers, etc).
- 3-6 of product marketing experience, ideally for a SaaS platform.
- Exceptional writing skills (short- and long-form).
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable.
- Great manager of time.
- Highly organized with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with software tools including Google Workspace (G Suite), email marketing platforms (Mailchimp or similar), and web hosting and content management systems (Strapi or similar).
- Bonus: Design and/or photography skills and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud apps, especially Photoshop.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 70+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time