Creative Technology Director, Events & Experiences - Pittsburgh or Remote
- Full Time
- Creative Technology
Deeplocal is seeking a Creative Technology Director to work in our Events & Experiences division. This position requires deep expertise in full stack software development, creative technology, and a history of bringing highly technical, interactive experiences to life for national and/or global brands clients.
The Creative Technology Director is accountable for owning the solution, software architecture, planning, and build of technical components for integrated physical/digital projects ranging from interactive exhibits to digitally-connected products to socially-scaled campaigns—all of which are in service of marketing goals. This role reports to Deeplocal’s VP of Creative Technology (Events and Experiences) and works internally with Deeplocal creatives and engineers of multiple disciplines, as well as externally with clients and vendors.
This position will collaborate with the brightest minds in the creative engineering field, including full-time roboticists, and electrical, mechanical, and software engineers. Additionally, they’ll have access to Deeplocal’s prototyping and production facility on the first floor of the company’s Pittsburgh headquarters.
- Scoping, approach, and technical architecture – Design, invent, and own the solution and architecture for technical components of integrated experiential projects. Work directly with creative, production, and engineering discipline leads. While you will own technical solutions across multiple projects, you will delegate hands-on implementation of these solutions to the appropriate technical team members.
- Project feasibility and creative technology approach – Support creative team by determining high-level feasibility and technical approach for early-stage concepting and pitching.
- Project team design – Events & Experiences projects vary widely; as Tech Director, you’ll design the team needed to build the technical solution that you architect. This team will be made up of both internal and external resources that you identify.
- Project technical team management – Work directly with a project’s Producer to determine technical deliverables and timing. Manage the quality of the technical team’s output to ensure that all technical development ladders up to scoped deliverables.
- Client communication – Present solutions and architectures to clients and explain the impact of technical decisions. Communicate directly with client technical teams for integration of project deliverables.
- Full stack software development including Node.js, React, Electron.
- Experience with Creative Toolkits (OpenFrameworks, Touch Designer)
- Proven experience designing technical systems for real-world, interactive experiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinker, collaborator, and problem solver
- Excited by new challenges and never-been-done-before work (Visit deeplocal.com/work for examples of Deeplocal projects.)
This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Applicants must also be willing to travel to client locations as required throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time