Digital Designer, Gumband – Remote or Pgh-local
Deeplocal is hiring a Digital Designer with a passion for branding and digital product design to join its growing SaaS platform team.
Spun out of an award-winning creative technology agency, Gumband is the first operating system for interactive environments and experiences. We work with innovative brands to connect, elevate, and humanize their physical spaces. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed SaaS startup and play a key role in the development of its visual identity and user interface. With Gumband, we are creating a category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging global marketplace. Because the product was incubated at Deeplocal, Gumband team members will also have the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for some of the world’s top brands, including Google, Nike, Meta, TikTok, and others.
The Digital Designer is accountable for creating the visual representation of Gumband as seen through its branded content, website, and UI. This position will report to Gumband’s Managing Director and work closely with our account and software engineering teams.
- Develop/manage the overarching look and feel of the brand and create brand/style guidelines
- Apply visual consistency and continuity of design and the brand across a variety of deliverables (i.e. digital illustrations, slide decks, web content, marketing materials, ad campaigns, etc)
- Maintaining the appearance of the website by designing new assets and illustrations that are in line with branding
- Collaborate on wireframes and user flows based on user behavior
- Develop and maintain UI/UX design guidelines
- Design intuitive product user interfaces and dashboards, rapidly testing and iterating with wireframes and mockups. Design across devices and browsers. (desktop and mobile)
- Take a user-centered design approach, considering hierarchy and navigation best practices
- Use design to clearly define and situate Gumband’s core product benefits within the dashboard — health, content, and metrics.
- Collaborate with Gumband’s product team to ensure that UI designs align with the product’s roadmap
- Excellent visual design skills with a good understanding of typography & layout
- Demonstrated success developing UI/UX designs on a SaaS platform
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of user experience, HCI principles and a sense for what makes a product feel great
- Proficiency with user testing tools and low/mid/high-fidelity prototyping
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and similar tools
- Motivated, self-confident team player with the ability to initiate and work independently
- Ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple priorities at one time
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (G Suite) and Mailchimp
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable
- Balanced consideration of small details and big-picture strategy
- Excited by new challenges and “startup” environments
This position is open to remote candidates outside of Pittsburgh, PA, but candidates must be willing to travel to Pittsburgh as required.
Gumband is a first-of-its-kind IoT platform for interactive environments. This cloud-based software tool helps developers and operators manage all parts of their interactive environment on one platform. Gumband includes a web application with user-friendly dashboard as well as SDKs, firmware libraries, and optional hardware to power exhibits. As both a development platform and a management tool, Gumband is designed for brand builders, operators, and creative developers who are collaborating to bring interactive experiences to branded environments.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.