Deeplocal is seeking a strategist and design thinker with a technical background who can help analyze complex problems for our clients and distill them into comprehensible proposals, plans and actions.
This position is based in our Pittsburgh, PA Studio.
About the work
We help our clients formulate product strategies for their platforms, operations strategy for their event spaces as well as spatial and service design strategies. You will work collaboratively with clients and other vendors to understand the problem space, organize the information into a digestible and coherent form, and identify courses of action that lead to a better end user experience.
You’re an analytical thinker with a design sensibility who likes to wrestle with ambiguous problems. You like to talk with people, encourage contributions and debate ideas. You are adept at distilling complex problems and presenting them in visual, diagrammatic and narrative forms so that you can engage people in understanding the material. You are technically literate and able to read systems diagrams and requirements documents in order to understand how a system is architected.
- Research – Understanding the problem domain, collecting the required information and organizing it coherently.
- Workshops – You design and lead workshops for clients and vendors in which you illicit information and help to advance alignment among stakeholders
- Analysis - combine research of the problem domain with the client’s missions and user needs in order to create actionable recommendations and proposals
- Create – build presentation materials that summarize the research and outline recommendations
- Specifications – create outlines and specifications for digital products, service designs and experiences that meet the needs identified in the analysis
- Internal and Client Communication/Presenting – Clearly communicate strategies and recommendations to the internal team and to clients.
- Ownership – Take ownership over the success of projects; be a reliable team member capable of problem solving when challenges arise.
- Technical literacy. You understand how technical systems are built and relate to each other such that you can communicate with technical peers (developers, AV systems designers, building operations teams, etc). You understand the meaning of terms like “API” and “signal path”, and ideally have some experience building real systems.
- Visual communication. You are able to present information visually in the form of diagrams, tables and ideally storyboards, sketches and mockups.
- Communicator. Personable, clear communicator who can connect with clients, vendors and team members.
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Meticulous. Attention to detail is critical for this position
- Proactive. You are able to move a project forward autonomously by identifying and executing follow up actions.
- Experience working on projects for leading tech clients like Google, Netflix, Microsoft, etc.
- Experience building digital products (website, apps, etc)
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time