Education Coordinator, GIZMOLOGY
Education Coordinator, GIZMOLOGY
Deeplocal is seeking an Education Coordinator to assist with the daily administration and operation of GIZMOLOGY, our new creative technology apprenticeship program targeted to recent high school grads and underemployed adults in Pittsburgh’s Black and underrepresented communities.
This role requires program coordination experience, ideally in vocational, educational, and/or STEAM disciplines. Working across all aspects of the GIZMOLOGY program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to directly impact lives by addressing occupational segregation, fostering creative tech talent, and advancing racial equity for makers in Pittsburgh’s technology sector.
This role will report to the GIZMOLOGY Program Director and collaborate with team members across disciplines, interfacing with apprentices, staff, and partners. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining oversight of educational instruction, tracking assessments and survey data, and overall program operations. This position is integral to ensuring a meaningful and impactful experience for apprentices from initial onboarding through program completion.
- Education Coordination – Assist with the daily operations of the program including coordinating and scheduling training classes, serving as a point of contact for instructors, maintaining oversight of curriculum, assisting with instruction where needed, and liaising with Deeplocal team members and mentors who are providing on-the-job training and support.
- Program Evaluation – Assist with the development and implementation of evaluation tools including participant surveys and assessments. Ensure that apprentices are appropriately moving through the program in alignment with goals and objectives outlined by the Program Director.
- Recruitment & Promotion – Work in conjunction with the Program Director and Deeplocal’s Marketing team to build and maintain social media presence, disseminate promotional materials in targeted communities throughout Allegheny County, and recruit prospective apprentices.
- Program Logistics – Support daily operations of GIZMOLOGY to ensure the success and seamless operation of the program.
- 3+ years of experience in program coordination, ideally in vocational, educational, and/or STEAM disciplines (for-profit or nonprofit).
- Proven experience with fabrication and parametric design tools such as SOLIDWORKS, RHINO, and AutoCAD.
- Comfort working with a team to implement and refine program strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with people who represent diverse age groups, skill sets, life experiences, and backgrounds.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Creative thinker, collaborator, and problem solver; flexible and adaptable.
- Passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; experience working in Pittsburgh’s Black communities is a plus.
GIZMOLOGY is a one-year creative technology apprenticeship program targeted to recent high school grads and underemployed adults in Pittsburgh's Black and underrepresented communities.
Built by Deeplocal and operating out of our studio and shop in Sharpsburg, GIZMOLOGY will offer compensation, benefits, and experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, software development, technical assembly, and exhibit fabrication—with no advanced education required.
The goal of the program is to advance racial equity for makers through on-the-job training and mentorship, opening doors to creative fields and preparing apprentices for employment at Deeplocal or other local tech companies.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients, including Google, Meta, Netflix, and Twitter. Our studio and production facility is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Pittsburgh.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time