Full Stack Software Engineer, Gumband – Remote or Pittsburgh
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Deeplocal is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer for its new SaaS platform, Gumband.
Spun out of an award-winning creative technology agency, Gumband is the first operating system for interactive environments and experiences. We work with innovative brands to connect, elevate, and humanize their physical spaces. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board. (More about Gumband, the Deeplocal reel, and Gumband teaser)
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed SaaS startup and grow within the organization as it scales. We are creating a category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging global marketplace. Because the product was originally created at Deeplocal, Gumband team members will also have the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for some of the world’s top brands, including Google, Meta, TikTok, and others.
The Full Stack Software Engineer is accountable for adding long-term value to the Gumband platform by enhancing its feature set, reducing technical debt, and offering a world-class experience to its users. This position reports to the Gumband Product Manager and sits on the Product Engineering Team.
Software Engineering Responsibilities
- Concept, architect, build, test, and monitor platform features
- Develop functionality while considering scalability, robustness, user experience, and integration with existing software design
- Deliver clean, understandable, and maintainable code in alignment with the code standards, the product roadmap, and active customer projects
- Develop testing strategies at the microservice and application levels
- Interface with customers to support external Gumband implementations
- Update public-facing developer documentation and platform changelogs
- Collaborate with the infrastructure and support teams to push bug fixes, security updates, and other deployment-related code changes
- Inform and improve process around the platform’s software lifecycle
- Constantly learn and keep current with software industry trends to surface new ideas and inform the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving systems engineering and/or 2-4 years working of practical, hands-on experience in the field
- Proficiency with Node.js, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with fundamental computer concepts such as object-oriented programming, sorting and searching algorithms at scale, etc
- Ability to debug issues in-depth and come up with robust solutions
- Proficiency with Git workflow, Linting, Unit Testing, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Ability to analyze usage data to provide key insights about Gumband
- Comfortable handling challenging problems and working towards a systematic solution
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable; takes ownership of problems and their solutions
- Excited by the idea of creating a first-of-its kind platform for controlling digital and analog spaces
This position is open to remote candidates outside of Pittsburgh, PA, but candidates must be willing to travel to Pittsburgh and/or client locations as required for engineering and support efforts. Travel time is expected to be approximately 10%.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Gumband is a first-of-its-kind operating system for interactive environments, including customer experience centers, retail spaces, and museums. This cloud-based software tool with optional hardware helps developers and operators manage all parts of their interactive environment on one platform. Gumband includes a web application with user-friendly dashboard as well as a REST API, SDKs, microcontroller-based hardware, firmware libraries, and the supporting documentation to power exhibits. As both a development platform for exhibit builders and a management tool for operators, Gumband is designed to be customized for each unique environment. The product has already powered interactives for world-class brands including Nike, Google, and the NFL.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time