Web Developer, Gumband – (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal is seeking a Web Developer for its new SaaS platform, Gumband, as well as various in-house special projects.
Deeplocal is an award-winning creative technology and experience design company. We invent interactive experiences for the world’s most innovative tech brands, including Google, Netflix, TikTok, and more. And, we’re changing the way these experiences are managed with our new platform Gumband, the first operating system created for interactive experiences and environments.
This position is accountable for developing a new motion-driven website for Deeplocal, and creating intuitive and high-impact features for the Gumband web application. You'll report to Gumband’s Product Manager and collaborate closely with product design and engineering team members.
- Develop a user-friendly website with motion for Deeplocal that brings the brand to life for current and prospective clients, partners, and employees. Recommend and implement a headless CMS.
- Improve and maintain the Gumband website to reflect the brand’s evolving design system
- Implement new features and UI improvements for Gumband’s web application.
- Collaborate with designers to translate mockups and UI design from Figma.
- Develop across devices for responsive and accessible viewing on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Implement front-end testing and QA.
- Deliver clean, understandable, and maintainable code.
- 5+ years of experience developing motion-driven websites and web applications.
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and third-party systems such as an external CMS or analytics platform.
- Proficiency with headless content management systems and web hosting.
- A modular dev mindset to create understandable, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Experience with a Jira/Confluence-based workflow and testing best practices.
- Proficiency with collaborative software tools including Google Workspace (G Suite) and digital design software (ideally Figma).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable.
- Motivated team player with the ability to initiate and work independently.
- Excited by new challenges and “startup” environments.
This position is open to remote candidates outside of Pittsburgh, PA, but candidates must be willing to travel to Pittsburgh occasionally (~two to three times/year).
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Gumband is a first-of-its-kind OS for interactive environments. This cloud-based software tool helps developers and operators manage all parts of their interactive environment on one platform. Gumband includes a web application with user-friendly dashboard as well as SDKs, firmware libraries, and optional hardware to power exhibits. As both a development platform and a management tool, Gumband is designed for brand builders, operators, and creative developers who are collaborating to bring interactive experiences to branded environments.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and technology subsidies
- Community service flex time