Deeplocal is seeking an experienced Operations Director to develop, implement, and refine business operational processes, and assist in the day to day management of business operations. The Operations Director will be tasked with making Deeplocal a smarter, faster and more nimble business, while maintaining required levels of compliance and risk management.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of business operations and processes, contract and legal standards, experience with evaluating and implementing contemporary digital business tools, excellent written and verbal communications and negotiation skills, and project management experience. A strong technical background and understanding of digital business practices is preferred.
This role will report to Deeplocal’s COO and collaborate with team members across disciplines, including our Managing Directors, IT, Finance, HR, Engineering, Creative Technology, Production, Operations, and Marketing.
- Operational Workflow Development and Implementation - Develop and/or refine operational workflows throughout the organization, including but not limited to contracting, vendor onboarding, spend approval, knowledge management, compliance management, JML processes. Collaborate with IT, Finance, HR, and Business Units to define workflows, build process consensus. Identify and evaluate process tools, and project manage company-wide deployments.
- Systems Identification and implementation - Identify relevant IT operational systems; Project manage the implementation of workflow into IT systems.
- Policy and Procedure Documentation - Collaborate with Finance, IT and the Business units to document and update Policies and Procedures.
- Systems Training - Developing training and onboarding programs for operational systems, implementing onboarding and continual learning programs related to operational systems.
- Vendor Agreements and Approvals - Assist in the review of vendor and freelance agreements.
- Legal review - Assist in the legal review of MSA/ISA/PSAs and non-standard client and vendor contracts, refine automated contract management systems.
- SOX Compliance - Collaborate with Deeplocal Finance and IT teams to refine Finance and IT SOX control objectives, activity and mitigation efforts; assist with audits as needed.
- Day to Day Business Operations - Assist in the daily operations of the business, including building operations, landlord management, IT management, general business problem solving and implementation.
- 8+ years of experience in Business Operations, ideally working to grow small to midsize businesses.
- Comfort with developing strategies and implementing them
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with people who represent diverse age groups, skill sets, life experiences, and backgrounds.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Creative thinker, collaborator, and problem solver; flexible and adaptable.
- Excited by new challenges and “startup” initiatives.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients, including Google, Meta, Netflix, and Twitter. Our studio and production facility is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Pittsburgh.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time