UX & Design Lead, Gumband – Remote or Pgh-local
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Deeplocal is hiring a UX / Design Lead for its new SaaS platform, Gumband.
Spun out of an award-winning creative technology agency, Gumband is the first operating system for interactive environments and experiences. We work with innovative brands to connect, elevate, and humanize their physical spaces. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed SaaS startup and play a key role in the development of its visual identity and product UX. We are creating a category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging global marketplace. Because the product was incubated at Deeplocal, Gumband team members will also have the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for some of the world’s top brands, including Google, Nike, Meta, TikTok, and others.
The Design Lead is accountable for creating a world-class experience for Gumband users, designing an intuitive web application and working on high-impact features and brand design. This position will work closely with a small, agile team including Gumband’s Managing Director, Product Manager and Product Engineering Team.
- Define a cohesive user experience and create user flows, accounting for technical and non-technical client roles (developers, operators, marketers, and content curators).
- Design an intuitive, user-friendly dashboard, rapidly testing and iterating with wireframes and mockups. Design across devices and browsers.
- Take a user-centered design approach, considering hierarchy and navigation best practices.
- Use design to clearly define and situate Gumband’s core product benefits within the dashboard — health, content, and metrics.
- Create and lead user research sessions with current and prospective clients to help inform design decisions and priorities.
- Develop Gumband’s visual identity (logo, fonts, colors, etc.), not only for product UI but across branded materials.
- Design sales and marketing tools including but not limited to a revamped website, sales presentation templates, one-sheets, and digital marketing assets.
- Experience in digital design and with SaaS or web-based products
- Ability to flex between UI/UX and brand design; eventually, the design team will grow, but you’ll be wearing multiple hats in the early stages
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and similar tools
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with user testing tools and low-fidelity prototyping
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (G Suite), Mailchimp, and Squarespace
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable
- Balanced consideration of small details and big-picture strategy
- Excited by new challenges and “startup” environments
This position is open to remote candidates outside of Pittsburgh, PA, but candidates must be willing to travel to Pittsburgh as required.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Gumband is a first-of-its-kind IoT platform for interactive environments. This cloud-based software tool helps developers and operators manage all parts of their interactive environment on one platform. Gumband includes a web application with user-friendly dashboard as well as SDKs, firmware libraries, and optional hardware to power exhibits. As both a development platform and a management tool, Gumband is designed for brand builders, operators, and creative developers who are collaborating to bring interactive experiences to branded environments.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time