Creative Technology Director, Permanent Exhibits
Deeplocal is seeking a Creative Technology Director to work in our Permanent Exhibits division. This position requires deep expertise in creative technology, software development, and a history of bringing highly technical, permanent interactive exhibits to life in public spaces, corporate campuses, retail stores, museums, and/or theme parks.
The Creative Technology Director is accountable for owning the solution, architecture, planning, and build of technical components of permanent installation projects. This role reports to Deeplocal’s VP of Creative Technology and works internally with Deeplocal creatives and engineers of multiple disciplines, as well as externally with clients and vendors.
This position will collaborate with the brightest minds in the creative engineering field. Additionally, they’ll have access to Deeplocal’s prototyping and production facility on the first floor of the company’s Pittsburgh headquarters.
- Technical ownership of large-scale projects and exhibits – Design, invent, and own the solution, architecture, planning, and build for technical components of a project. Work directly with creative, production, and engineering discipline leads to ensure the solution meets the requirements. Help identify feasible alternatives to desired experiences, timelines, and budgets when required.
- Hands-on development and technical team management – Technical Directors are expected to be both hands-on architecting and developing exhibits while managing the technical output for freelancers and junior technical staff on an exhibit. This also includes identifying needed technical resources, level of effort and timeline estimations.
- Project feasibility and creative technology approach – Determine high-level feasibility and contribute potential creative/technical approaches before concepts reach the prototype, design, and development phases.
- Client communication – Present solutions and architectures to clients and partners; explaining the impact of technical decisions. Communicate directly with client technical teams for integration of project deliverables.
- Selection of technology platforms and best practices – Identify and recommend technologies, development tools, and development workflows that will keep Deeplocal Creative Technology current while expanding capabilities and ensuring success.
- Subject matter expert – Serve as a subject matter expert for interactive exhibit development on projects led by other team members. Consult with and help identify solutions to specific problems within your expertise.
- A strong full stack software development background is required.
- Deep expertise in creative technology that integrates physical (things that move) and digital components
- Proven experience designing and developing technical systems for real-world, interactive experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Excited by new challenges and never-been-done-before work (Visit deeplocal.com/work for examples of Deeplocal projects.)
This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Applicants must also be willing to travel to client locations as required throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time