Creative Strategy Director, Events & Experiences (Remote)
Deeplocal is seeking a Creative Strategy Director with a passion for designing physical objects, environments, and interactive installations to join our growing creative team.
You will work in our Events & Experiences division with a team of designers, strategists and creatives to lead aesthetic and human-centered design choices on physical interactive projects from concept to delivery for clients such as Google, Nike, Netflix, Twitter, Slack, and others.
You love pop culture and have an insatiable curiosity. You’re able to pair with strategic thinking and analytic skills to craft brand narratives and experiential stories that are backed by insights.
You are able to tackle a challenge with the big picture in mind and the client’s goals at the forefront. You approach a project with a campaign mindset, and have an eye on how to amplify and optimize experiences with content and social strategy.
As a Strategy Director, you will lead the strategy team to define an approach for how strategy drives our experiences, and processes for metrics definition, capture and reporting. You will work with the creative team to bring both pitches and productions to life from a narrative and strategy perspective.
- Work with Creative Directors, Designers, Strategists and Creative Technologists to create and pitch concepts that are inventive, strategic and in-tune with popular culture.
- Work with this group to make key decisions around experience based on client goals and optimization of KPIs.
- Build client relationships to understand and distill goals for the project and the brand at large.
- Synthesize input from clients, current events in pop culture and social listening to distill insights that help drive concepts and project narratives.
- Contribute to pitches and concepting exercises with ideas and approaches to the experience.
- Own the strategic vision of individual projects and serve as the voice of strategy and client vision in creative reviews
- Work with Creative Directors to define campaign touchpoints and define campaign strategy for the full lifecycle of the experience
- Establish campaign metrics/KPI plan, evaluate results and put together reporting. Define, share and champion this process across the strategy team.
- Look for opportunities to optimize KPIs and make recommendations on how to expand the experience to include these touchpoints
- Implement content strategy and social strategy where needed, and identify opportunities to grow Events & Experiences offerings in these areas.
- Trends / Technology Knowledge – Tap into culture and stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
- Manage strategy team members, sharing feedback and critiques as needed.
- This position requires 5+ years experience, preferably in a creative agency or similar environment.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.