Senior Motion Designer, Events & Experiences - (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal is seeking a Senior Motion Designer with a passion for all aspects of contemporary digital experience and design to join our fast-growing creative team.
You will work in our Events & Experiences division with a team of designers, strategists, and creatives to lead aesthetic and human-focused design development for physical interactive projects from concept to delivery for premium clients such as Google, Nike, Netflix, Twitter, Slack, and others.
This position may be a fit for you if:
- You live and breathe culture and are excited to experiment with new technologies and software.
- You can lead an interdisciplinary team through concept and production while being an individual contributor.
- You can respond to creative direction and elaborate on creative concepts to define user touchpoints and campaign extensions.
- You can express your creative ideas through mockups, mood boards, style-frames, and motion prototypes and execute and deliver highly polished, sophisticated motion design.
- You are comfortable communicating concepts to clients and team members.
- You are someone who solves design challenges with cross-media interactive solutions.
- You are just as comfortable working on a conceptual ask as you are bringing a defined ask to life.
- You are comfortable working under deadlines, and collaborating with cross functional teams, playing a part of a unified team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Creative Directors, Designers, Strategists, and Creative Technologists to create and pitch concepts that are inventive, strategic, help define culture and create meaningful experiences for audiences.
- Work with the team to make key decisions around experience and visual direction throughout the duration of a project.
- Lead design discussions with clients and thoroughly explain decisions and processes so that clients not only approve them, but understand why they were made and can share them with colleagues to get further internal buy-in.
- Direct the visual and interaction design goals for client projects, and own the visual aesthetic of experiences from pitch through production.
- Contribute to the visual needs of content production, including pre-production video treatments and art direction during production.
- Follow design systems and champion best practices to produce production-ready designs for screen and print.
- Prototype and express design/motion approach across 2D/3D animation, interaction design, and visual effects. Familiarity or proficiency with Principle, Figma, After Effects, C4D, or similar programs.
- Take a high-level concept and design a detailed user experience that meets clients’ goals and aligns with campaign strategy.
- Tap into culture and stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
We’re seeking a motion designer who obsesses over beautiful motion design and breathtaking visuals. Someone who can take inspiration and turn it into new realities.
- 3D software such as C4D, Maya, Blender
- Deep knowledge of the Adobe Suite,
- After Effects
- Unity or Unreal
This position requires 5+ years experience, preferably in a creative agency or similar environment.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time